Friday, May 29, 2009

Why I am a homeschool mom----or why I shouldn't be

I do plan to get on my blog tonight and post a few things. I want to add the ending to how I 'landed' Layne and find some old pics to place on here. Also, Lilly and I did some bread making this past weekend that I need to put up and today we are making monkey bread. Also some home improvements.

However, I felt the need to immediately post the following conversation before I forgot it.
**Note- I do homeschool my kids b/c I feel that as a public school teacher(for 3 years) and a mommy with a Master's Degree in Education, I have the smarts to do it. Also, I want my kids to love Jesus more than 'know stuff'. The following conversation in no way makes me feel as if I am failing as a teacher and mom. It also in no way makes me realize that my child has no concept of reality. Neither did it make me want to bang my head against the wall, saying"why why why" over and over.

Lilly - Mommy, when I grow up I will be a vet-narian(spelling here is 'as sounds from Lilly-lips")
Mommy- Great sweetie.(rushing thru room to change over laundry)
Lilly - And guess where I will work?
Mommy - Where baby?(said with visions of grandeur; her answer will be a zoo, a foreign country where animals are starving, a small farm community where she will be a huge asset)
Lilly - J.C.Penney's
Mommy- (deflated and feeling as if my teaching skills are over-rated) Sweetie, they don't have animals at J.C.Penney's just store clerks
Lilly- They will when I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment