Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day is almost here so I need to get out the paints and glue, glitter and clorox so we can make beautiful one-of-a-kind gifts for grandma's!!! YAY!!!!

But I really want to take time to thank 2 ladies who are very special to me. These 2 ladies are not mommies yet but when their time comes, those kids will be truly blessed.


#1. My bestest buddy and sister-through-Christ - Laura. I don't know what I would do without her by my side. Anytime I feel frustrated, upset, flabergasted or beyond my wit's end, she is always there to lift me up with enocuragment and prayer. It just goes to show that if you grow up in a bedroom painted yellow to lift your spirits, with crisp white wicker furniture decorated with crowns and sashes of victory and overflowing with candy, you can grow up to be anything you want to be. And Laura wants to be my friend. Of course we have had our difficult times, as most sisters do. There were the many times that she locked me inside the laundry room of our college apartment, the unceasing late night serenades, the fact that I got tired of her whining about her cd's being stolen and the time I dropped out of her JOY club. (oh yeah - Laura, I am dropping out of the JOY club) But those trials were the things that have brought us closer together. We are very tight and we even have our own sorority, QTPi. Not many people have made up their own sorority. I have gone out on many a limb for her and she has done the same for me. I love her deeply and I appreciate all that she is and all that she will be. She is an excellant Aunt to my kids and I can't think of anyone else I would trust their future with. I know she is firm in her relationship with Christ and that she would do anything for her neices and her nephew. I don't know where I would be without my buddy Laura. Thank you Laura for being you under every circumstance imaginable. Thank you for showing me to uphold my faith always and to not give in to pressure. Thank you for showing me how to be tender and loving and how to see people through loving eyes. I love you my friend!! Thank you God for giving me the one thing I never had, a beautiful, loving sister to help me when things get tough. And I know we are sisters, because we have the same Father.




Now for #2 - The absolute best Sister-in-law you could ever have - Melanie




Melanie is the most outstanding person I know. She stands firm in her faith no matter what mean and ugly things people throw at her. She is made fun of all the time, but only becuase those who do it are jealous. And I am one. Melanie has a strong belief that God will work it all out and she is able to wait for His timing. Oh how I wish I could do that. She patiently waited for the right man(and boy did it pay off) and all the while she would use her relationships with others to witness to them. Christ was always the center. I am glad she has her Neddy now. No one deserves true love like her. She has been through so much. She is the best aunt a kid could ask for. She loves my children equally even though we joke about her loving Lilly more. She simply has a soft place in her heart for the first baby to ever steal her heart. And who can blame her? She is always there to help when needed but her life doesn't revolve around us. And I am glad. I am glad to see that she realizes ow wonderful Uncle Ned is and that she makes it a priority to spend time with him. She rarely complains, never meets and stranger, and has shown love to people that I would have written off years ago. She has been a strong rock in our lives and I want her to know how much we love and adore her. My kids are so blessed to have Aunt Melanie there to love them. If I didn't already have a sister, she would be the one. She too is my sister-through-Christ, but I also got her through marriage. Which might be one of the biggest pluses to marrying Layne - I got her too!! I love you Melanie. You are the most wonderful friend I have and I am glad you haven't moved away. It is sweet relief to have someone as great as you living just down the street. I love you so much!!! Now, don't forget to pay me for washing your towels!!




I love both of these ladies so much. I can't imagine life without their influences on me. Thank you Jesus for these 2 blessings. I could never find such good friends.

1 comment:

  1. i love you, sandy! your kind words made me cry, stinker! i feel immeasurably (not sure that is a word or that i spelled it correctly) blessed to have you as my sister as well! thanks for being so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete