Friday, August 12, 2011







Another week has gone by. Not much new is happening here. I am simply tryng to get the house on a schedule and get school planned for this year. I will be homeschooling the kids again but this year Ella Cate will be in first grade so she must do 180 days just like her big sister, Lilly, a third grader. Daniel will aslo be joining us most everyday as he begins kindergarden. Rachel will be in and out doing preschool work and learning basic concepts.





I am very excited. We are using the WEAVER Curriculum and I have planned out the firts two weeks but I am still unsure as to how it works. I hope that after a few months I will understand it totally and this will work with all of my kids through high school.





We will be doing the Phonics Road to Spelling and Reading. I read several reveiws that implicated this curriculum would be great for a child like Lilly who has Dyslexia but then I read a few that disagreed. I checked this material out and I think it will be benficial. If not for Lilly, the others will get a lot out of it.





I plan to purchase Math U See today. It will be our math. I am just not sure which items to buy.





We are using othr resources as well. We have some extra science, handwriting, drawing...things to make learning fun.





We will not be starting school until September so I have time to get ready...I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment